Monday 14 April 2008

Adventures in Mario Kart


This image (courtesy of xkcd.com) originally dates back to Mario Kart: Double Dash, for the gamecube, But I have found that it applies equally well to the new Wii version of the game. I must confess that they have made this new game a lot harder, and that's not just the controls.

This makes the game a lot more challenging and fun, but also a huge frustration to play. The wii's wrist strap is actually a good measure to have, 'cause I had the urge to throw my remote against the wall several times today, after being pounded with red shields and squashed by giant bikes over and over, pushing me all the way back to last place right before the finish line.

Nevertheless, there is something about the game that just makes you want to keep on playing. Despite the back- and neckaches I've been having (My TV is positioned too low) I've been playing it pretty much non stop for the past few days, cursing, swearing, and generally having a good time. I just completed 150cc this afternoon, and now all that's left is mirror mode and of course the delicious online. It's more than enough to keep me busy for a long time, at least until super smash brothers finally arrives (why the hell that game is not out in europe is beyond me). And of course I'll be playing this with my brother and sister for months to come (just like with the last mario kart).

No comments: